Pages

Friday, January 20, 2017

Week 2: January 16 - 20

January 16, 2017

I completed more blog research.

I found 20 lifestyle/wedding blogs. Only 1 does not have an email, meaning that there is only one that cannot be contacted currently. This is all for the client Paperless Post. 

Kellee Maize also asked me to help with the another client comp analysis, by doing blog research for that specific client. The client is Decker, an adult swim TV show. I was asked to look for blogs that discuss this show using these keywords: 
  • Eric and tim awesome show
  • Decker (the show)
  • Decker unclassified (the show)
  • Tim heidecker 
  • gregg turkington
  • Absolutely productions
  • Neil hamburger 
  • On cinema
  • Absolutely productions
  • New shows on adult swim
  • Eric wareheim
  • Spy comedy tv show
  • Comedies (so like any comedy blogs - not by a comedian but that talk about comedy)

I found around 31 posts regarding the keywords up to Gregg Turkington on the list. 

__________________________________________________________________

January 18, 2017

I found a total of:

40 Wedding blogs

For our purposes, only 38 will be usable. One of the forty is missing an email address so they will need to be looked into further. The other of the forty that we can't currently use has a page authority below 30 meaning that they are not useful for the job yet.

I also found out that an extension that is frequently used in blog research will not be able to be downloaded to my computer so I will have to look into similar "No Follow" extensions. 

__________________________________________________________________

January 20, 2017


I started today by researching a working "No Follow" extension for my Macbook. This extension allows us to see whether blogs enter keywords or links as "No Follow" meaning that the posts will not help with what we are trying to do (which is boost our client's name/link in search results.) 

I found a total of:

34 Lifestyle blogs

12 Event Planning blogs

4 Wedding blogs

For our purposes, only 35 will be usable. 15 of the blogs either have no emails or their page authority is below thirty, so they will not be able to help boost our client's ranking in the search results. I did reach out to two pages via Facebook to try and retrieve their emails, and I heard back from one of them. 

This blogger research has been the most pressing issue because our sales team has had trouble with some of the bloggers contacted. Our deadline for having bloggers for this client is the end of the month, which is rapidly approaching, so searching for usable bloggers is crucial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment